1. Once you have finished your flash animation export the file to test it and observe that everything works fine, then save the file into the root folder of your web site.
2. Next go to file – publish settings- formats, then click both boxs for
and “HTML (.html)”.
3. Next click “publish”, after the file has been publish check your root folder for your web site and you will find 3 files for your flash file:
4. After all these files have been located in your root folder for your web site, then you are now ready to insert the files into dreamweaver. Open reamweaver ( I will assuming you have already created a new html file, managed your root folder and added an appropriate div tag to insert the flash file into to) if you have not already created a new html file for your web site then click here for my tutorial on how to create your first html file for your first web site page.
5. with your html file open in dreamweaver, place the cursor inside the div tag you have created to fit the flash file (remember the div tag must me big enough to fit the flash file inside, to figure this out go back to flash and click anywhere on or outside of the stage and in the properties inspector tab at the bottom of the flash interface you will observe the flash stage size in pixels.
6. Now back in dreamweaver with your cursor correctly placed inside the div tag where you wish to place the flash file, go to the top of the dreamweaver interface and click on insert – flash.
7. Next click on the .swf file you wish to insert, then click choose.
8. Your flash file should be perfectly placed inside the div tag and is ready for viewing online.
9. Now go to the top of the dreamweaver interface again and this time click on the little “world wide web” icon, then click on either
“preview in safari”
or “preview in firefox”
or “preview in internet explorer”
(Its best to test in numerous browsers as different browsers may sometimes display HTML differently)
press “yes” to save the file.
10. Now you flash file will show up on your web site.
11. Now if you have your domain name and have registered your site with a hosting service, then you are able to upload all the files into the hosting sites server so that your web site is online and ready to be seen world wide. Firstly to do this you must login into your web hosts server, once inside the cpanel you will have many options to choose from, the area you want to go to in order to upload your files is the “file manager“.
12. Once inside the file manager click on “www” and wait for data to load.
13. Then click on “upload” and wait for a new page to load. Once this new page is loaded click on “choose file” and then select from the root folder for you web site which files you would like to upload so that those online will be able to see your site online. For the flash side of things you will need to upload three separate files, the .swf file, the .html file and the AC_RunActiveScript.js (this is a universal script which is used for displaying all flash files online and is generated when you publish your flash file into the root folder of your site). You will need all of these for the flash file to work.
14. Once you have uploaded all the necessary files needed to view your web site you should test in different browsers online and maybe even different computers to ensure your web site and flash files are downloading properly and quickly. If your flash files are too big then they will take a long time to upload and may cause frustration to those viewing them.
15. If you find you flash files are too big and are taking a long time to download online then do not despair as there is programs developed to help reduce the flash file size without losing pixel quality. Some of these programs are able to reduce the flash file size to less than a third of the size without losing the original quality. This helps to speed up the download time of your flash files online, making everybody happy.
Check out these links to two very good flash optimizers:
mac user: Click Here
16. If you decide to use a flash optimizer and I highly recommend doing so, then you will have to go back to step 3. Next click “publish”, after the file has been publish check your root folder for your web site and you will now find 4 files for your flash file:
_opt.swf (instead of a .swf file you will also have _opt.swf file, use this instead of the .swf file and upload it into dreamweaver and your web site host the same way u would an .swf file, its that easy).
one way link